1. The Dalai Lama claims that Buddhism is degenerating into spirit worship by relying on Dorje Shugden, yet he propitiates (and has a whole temple for) a spirit claiming to be Nechung whom he relies on for advice.
2. The Dalai Lama accuses the Chinese of abusing the human rights of Tibetans, yet he is abusing the human rights of Dorje Shugden practitioners worldwide.
3. The Dalai Lama is accusing Dorje Shugden practice of being ‘sectarian’, even though he is being sectarian by banning the practice that was done by his holy Teachers whom he says are ‘wrong’.
4. He says that Dorje Shugden practice is causing problems in Tibetan society, but all such problems exist only because of the Dalai Lama’s actions of demonizing practitioners of this Deity, stiring up disharmony and causing divisions where no such divisions existed before by exploiting the issues of his health and the cause of Tibetan independence, which he has no intention of achieving anyway.
5. He says that Dorje Shugden practice is divisive, but he has divided the Sangha, something that has never happened before in the history of Buddhism on this scale. Geshe Sopa said when he attended the demonstration in Oxford that what the Dalai Lama has done is worse than what the Chinese did, because the Chinese could not divide the monks, but the Dalai Lama has managed to do so.
6. He is trying to enforce his ban of Dorje Shugden in Tibetan society, and in Buddhist society in general, saying that people are not listening to him; when he has refused for over ten years to listen to the petitions of Western Shugden practitioners who simply want religious freedom for all.
There can surely be no greater example of the ugly results of mixing religion and politics than the Dalai Lama’s present actions of destroying a pure spiritual tradition.